We have re-released the "Komfit" JB mesh watch band, which was worn on numerous missions during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo space programs.
The bracelet has all the charm of the original, but it has been improved in several important respects.
First, the band now fits the Omega Speedmaster Professional (the watch with which the astronauts commonly paired this bracelet) without a "gap" between the end link and the watch lugs. The lugs are spring loaded to fit watches with lug widths ranging from 16-20mm.
Second, the band is slightly wider at 16mm vs. 15mm in the prior version, to accommodate the wider end piece.
Third, the band fits more securely -- whereas the clasp of the vintage versions had a tendency to "slip," the clasp of the re-release has been improved to avoid this problem.
There are two sizes:
- "Original," which fits wrists starting at approximately 6.8 inches in circumference when worn on a Speedmaster Professional; and
- "Short," which fits wrists starting at approximately 5.8 inches in circumference when fitted on the same watch.
Both sizes have the same end pieces and fit the same lug widths.
Quick sizing stats (when buckled and not attached to a watch):
- Shortest length: 5.5 inches/14cm
- Longest length: 9 inches/23cm
- Shortest length: 4.3inches/11cm
- Longest length: 7.8 inches/20cm
End Piece Width: 16-20mm (spring loaded)
Fits authentic Omega spring bars, and others up to 1.8mm wide.
Each order will be supplied with a pair of internal lug protectors.
For tips on using and caring for your bracelet, click here.