Forstner's Take on the Flat Link Bracelet
The flat link bracelet was, in our view, one of the most beautifully designed, and comfortable, bracelets ever offered for the Speedmaster. Its links were thin, so as to not overpower the watch with which it was paired. It was stretchy, so it remained comfortable throughout the day, despite temperature fluctuations. It was finished beautifully, with the polished outer and brushed inner links (a finish that was continued onto the clasp itself). And it had loads of rattly vintage charm.
Forstner has made its own version of the flat link bracelet, keeping the beauty of the original but improving it for fit, convenience, and wearability.
The Forstner flat link bracelet is designed for the Speedmaster Professional case (with its 20mm lug width) and the First Omega in Space case (with its 19mm lug width). The bracelet links are solid stainless steel, including the end piece (to provide a more flush fit to the case), unlike the vintage versions which had hollow links and end pieces.
There are two finishing options -- one with alternating polished (on outer links) and brushed (on inner links) finish, and another that is fully brushed.
The bracelet tapers beautifully from the lugs to 16mm at the clasp, like the vintage version. The clasp can be micro-adjusted via the well known pin system seen on so many vintage bracelets. Links can be removed conveniently, as they are secured with screws instead of the more common pin system which requires special tools.
Moreover, Forstner has added a set of spring-loaded "stretchy" links behind the clasp--keeping with the vintage feel--to ensure that the bracelet will fit comfortably all day long, despite variations in temperature and weather. Here are some more specifics:
- Width Options: 20mm (for Speedmaster Pro) and 19mm (for First Omega in Space).
- Length: adjustable (via screws and micro-adjustment in clasp) from 120mm to 180mm (fits wrists ranging from approximately 6 to 8 inches).
- See instructions for details on screw removal system.
- Finish: choice of polished/brushed, or fully brushed.
- Two spring-loaded "stretch" links behind clasp for comfort.
- Spring bars intended for use with this bracelet are provided with each order (OEM Omega bars may not work with this bracelet on certain Speedmaster models). See instructions for details.
Please note: This bracelet was designed for the Speedmaster Professional and the First Omega in Space cases (which would include the CK2998 limited editions and Hodinkee 10th Anniversary limited edition). It also has been reported to fit the Speedmaster 60th anniversary Trilogy edition, though not as precisely as the cases mentioned above. We cannot confirm whether the bracelet fits other models, in addition to these.