The flat link bracelet is one of the most recognizable Omega bracelets of all time, being among the first to be provided with the Speedmaster and Seamaster when they were first released. After a long period during which the style was discontinued, Forstner faithfully recreated a vintage-inspired version of the bracelet (quickly becoming one of Forstner's most popular products).
By popular request, Forstner has now made a "Contemporary" version of the Flat Link, keeping the proportions and style of the original, but making the bracelet overall more substantial. With this version, Forstner introduces its first milled clasp with push button mechanism (maintaining the look of the original clasp). The links are also thicker and longer -- approximately 3mm thick and 6.5mm long vs. 2.5mm thick and 5mm long on the original version.
We think this "Contemporary" version is an out of the box stunner, and has the look and feel of a modern bracelet that could be supplied with the current Speedmaster and Seamaster line.
- Solid 316L stainless steel, including solid steel end piece.
- Links 3mm thick and 6.5mm long.
- Links removable conveniently via a single-screw system.
- Milled push button clasp with finishing that matches the bracelet.
- No spring links on this version (may be offered in the future)
- 19mm end links fit the First Omega in Space ("FOIS") case (including the CK2998 limited editions and Hodinkee 10th Anniversary limited edition). The 19mm end links have been reported to fit the Trilogy edition Seamaster and Speedmaster, though not as precisely as the cases mentioned above.
- The pre-2021 20mm end links fit the Omega Speedmaster Professional case until the introduction of the 2021 caliber 3861 version.
- The post-2021 20mm end link fit the new 3861-caliber Speedmaster, the blue Snoopy, and the 50th anniversary Apollo 11 limited edition.
- The 19mm version tapers from 19mm at the end piece and widest link to 16mm at the clasp.
- The 20mm version tapers from 20mm at the end piece and widest link to 16mm at the clasp.
- Milled clasp measures approximately 18.5mm.
- Bracelet length is adjustable (via single screw system and micro-adjustment in clasp) from 120mm to 180mm (fits wrists ranging from approximately 6 to 8 inches). Screwdriver included for sizing.
Choice of polished outer/brushed inner links, or fully brushed.
Spring bars, screwdriver, one pair of end links.